Cyber Security using CDCAT®
The Cyber Defence Capability Assessment Tool (CDCAT®) is an effective, comprehensive way for organisations to assess their existing cyber defences, identify any vulnerability(s) in their defences and what mitigations can be applied. Considering the frequency of attacks on organisations’ sensitive cyber assets – CDCAT® is an essential tool in combatting the threats posed by any number of cyber-criminals and criminal organisations.
CDCAT was developed by the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl), for the Ministry of Defence. Dstl is a government organisation dedicated to ensuring that innovative science and technology contribute to the defence and security of t he UK.
For more information about CDCAT® visit
CDCAT ® Insurance Services
CDCAT® Insurance Services utilises CDCAT® to support insurance underwriters and brokers using fact based certified assessments to confirm their client’s cyber defence capabilities. This will enable brokers to seek better premiums and underwritten conditions for their clients as well as allow underwriters to use fact based evidence to assess cyber risks.
The resulting output includes:
- Overall rating of cyber risk management capability as measured against agreed risk appetite
- Maturity scores between zero to five for each control assessed
- Vulnerability status for each control assessed
- Red, Amber, Green (RAG) status relative to risk appetite
- RAG status relative to best practice
- Benchmark rating against an organisation’s own sector / cross industry sectors, as well as geographic comparisons
For more information about CDCAT® Insurance services visit